It has been a while since I took the time to reflect on experiences and contemplate on life. Taking the time to do these things is a must when life is overwhelming. During the past couple of months, my mind was filled with so many thoughts about different aspects of my life, especially in the field of art and blogging. Of which I spent most of my time. It is either I took down notes or sketched all these thoughts before it slipped out of my mind. Some of it were I’m thankful of and some were wilted thoughts that I have to get rid of. In this phase of my life, I leave no room for negative thoughts. I already had enough. When you tend them a little bit, it starts to creep in your mind as if they are words of encouragement that you have to listen to. These are inevitable and getting rid of them is not as easy as counting 1-2-3, but it’s always necessary.
Life in general is a series of ups and downs. A mixture of different emotions; composed of joy, sadness, fear and anger. Woven by experiences triumphs and failures, of happiness and sadness, of courage and doubts. And patterned by the inevitable change of seasons. Life either in its sunniest days and gloomiest skies is a precious thing to behold. It never ceases to influence, inspire, give hope and offer some much needed love. Life from the most simple to the most luxurious is a patchwork of many beautiful things, of possiblities, growth, strength and hope. It’s a wonderful mystery and I’ll always be in awe of it.
Due to some unexpected turn of events (recovering from sickness, working on some important things and just merely getting overwhelmed my life’s happenings), I haven’t written a blog post for a month and haven’t updated this category in particular. #life After everything, I’m now back to regular programming (*haha) but with a few changes in priorities. 🙂 Life is truly exciting.
Here’s an update on those last 18 weeks spent making artworks, watching TV shows and movies, finding a day job and catching up with friends and family which I find really great.
- Seized the remaining last 4 weeks of ABCs Book Challenge. Wrote a blog post about my experience which also includes photos of my entries for each challenge.
- Joined Skillshare and watched the class about blogging made by the Bloglovin’ team.
- Wrote two book reviews: Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge and And After Many Days, A Novel by Jowhor Ile.
- Watched: The Martian, Wild Case Files on National Geographic and Foodprints on Lifestyle
Made an illustration for poem No. 4
Watched these movies and TV shows:
- Paper Towns – ❤
- 28 Days Later
- It’s Okay That’s Love – new favorite Korean TV series. Unpredictable and a beautiful combination of romance, comedy, drama and suspense. I learned a lot about people with mental illness in this series.
- Marvels of the World featuring Kyoto, Japan
- Jill & Jessa: Counting On
- The Night Of – this is superb. A+ storytelling
Discovered these Youtube accounts which uploads watercolor tutorial videos:
plus, the Instagram account of the artist Cheryl Joyce Owen.
Found these amazing accounts on Instagram:
- Henrietta Harris – an artist whose oil painting are incredible.
- The Artidote – a space where to story-tell, empathize, bond and heal through art / created & curated by Jovanny Varela-Ferreyra ❤
Watched the movies:
- Train to Busan – a combination suspense, thriller, action, drama plus a little bit of comedy. I got tired after watching this. lol Kidding aside, it’s a must watch Korean movie.
- Everything is Illuminated – I wanna watch this again. Period movies are my thing. 🙂
- The Giver – fave!
- Friends with Benefits – Mila Kunis + Justin Timberlake + a good script = two thumbs up. Funny, non conventional, totally a good movie.
Currently added these songs on my playlist. I ❤ Spotify.
During these weeks, I have been thinking of going to art school to get a short course on drawing and painting and attend classes/workshops. I want to learn more about the craft. Youtube tutorials and art books are also a great way to learn but I think that going to art school would be a totally different experience. Seriously, it’s the number one thing that motivates me right now. Just thinking about it and making plans on how I could make it, makes my heart flutter. (*insert heart emoji with wings)
These were also some the days wherein I spent more than an hour listing down ideas in my mind after I woke up, so that I won’t forget it. When I got sick for a few days, I had weird dreams and they’re vivid. I tried my best to draw all the details That I could remember for future reference when making art.
I have a lot of artistic dreams right now in this phase of my life and sometimes it scares me. A huge part of me doesn’t want these artistic dreams to remain just dreams.
*Featured image from Unsplash by Andrew Ridley